Event start time 13.2.2021 12:00
Event end time 20.2.2021 17:00
IMPORTANT 1: If you do not receive a confirmation email after signup, please contact email@example.com.
IMPORTANT 2: In case of cancellation due to Covid-19 or sickness (with medical report) you will receive your money back.
It's time for the legendary Snowdayz again (with a bit of safety!) From the 13th to 20th of February 2021 we'll be staying in Saas-Fee! Besides having a nice accommodation and exploring the skiing-area, we also have some evening events prepared for you :)
Covid-19 - STRONG SAFTETY PRECAUTIONS
First of all, the Snowdayz are safer than having your on-site exams at ETH!
We have taken various precautions and are in discussion with the SBB travel agency and the landlords, so that we feel comfortable to do this event. We plan to book excess seats in public transport, we have small rooms (2-4 people), equipped with own bathrooms and we will have staggered meals (with enough distance) and mask obligatory. Sanetizers will be stations at key points. Evening events will be changed or cancelled. More detailed infos follow a few weeks before the event via email. Here you can find the slope concept.
- Accommodation at the Sportclub Astoria in Saas-Fee
- Ski pass for Saas-Fee, Saas-Grund and Saas-Almagell (for 6 days)
- Travelticket (from and to Zurich HB, not included if you board later or leave early elsewhere).
- Delicious meals (breakfast buffet, lunchbag (sandwiches) and three course dinner). If the lunchbag is not enough, there are multiple restaurants in the skiing areas (at your own expense).
- Evening events (mulled wine bar, fondue, torch hike, night sledging, jass/tichu tournament)
- Much fun, very wow
Not included (optional)
- Beer and mead on tap (1.-/cup)
- Swimming and Spa in Aqua Allalin (5 min away from our stay)
- Ski / Snowboard renting (can be done after arrival) at Cesarsport, Intersport and Egginersport
- IMPORTANT: Not included for everyone boarding later or leaving early elsewhere. This is due to the group ticket of the SBB. If it's not possible for you to travel with us, please choose "individual travel" during the registration. Resulting penalty fees issued by the SBB will not be covered by the VIS.
- Meeting point: Will be communicated later on.
- Train connection: Will be communicated later on.
The house has rooms with 2 to 4 beds (towels and sheets included) with individual bathrooms. Room arrangements will be done after arrival. Some rooms have a couch bed. There is a 14% chance you will get one.
Take along (suggestions)
- Masks (Medical, cotton, Buff, Muntagnard)
- (Card) games
- MP3 Player
- Ski / Snowboard
- Good humour
- Personal stuff
The small print
- After your registration you must pay your participation fee via bank transfer until 5 days after your registration. This is a HARD DEADLINE. If the money isn't on our account until then, your registration will be cancelled.
- You can only register for the full week. Whoever registers, has to pay the full price. No special offers are possible.
- The Ski pass is included in the participation fee and is valid for 6 days. No special offers are possible.
- All participants should be ready to support our organization committee.
- The organisation of your ski- / snowboard equipment is up to you. You have the opportunity to rent any equipment on location at the local sport outfitter Cesarsport, Intersport or Egginersport.
- Refunds are possible under solid reasoning (Death in family, sickness with medical report, cacnellation of the Snowdayz, etc.). Oral exams are NOT a solid reason.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the participant.
- Friends of VIS-members:
- The registration for non-VIS will open one to two weeks after the opening for VIS-Members.
- The participation fee for Non-VIS-members is 150.- CHF higher.
- Friends of VIS-members (without nethz-Account) can also take part (and register via email).
- Friends of VIS-members (with nethz-Account) can register normally.
- All statements are without guarantee.
Questions or concerns after reading everything twice? Contact us at snowdayz at vis.ethz.ch.
|Travel||Abo||Cost VIS members||Cost non-VIS|
|With the group||I have a GA||575.0||725.0|
|With the group||I have a Halbtax or nothing (Halbtax or nothing)||585.0||735.0|
|Single||I have a GA||575.0||725.0|
|Single||I have a Halbtax or nothing (Halbtax or nothing)||575.0||725.0|
Main event organiser Franz Knobel