VIScon Workshop: Achieve 99.999% Service Availability Like a Pro (-■_■)
Event start time 16.10.2021 13:00
Event end time 16.10.2021 16:00
Please sign up to the Symposium first before signing up to this workshop!
You can find additional information on our website.
COVID Certificates are mandatory! You will be denied entry if you cannot present one.
Don’t forget to bring a laptop with you.
Have you also been wondering how large organizations such as Facebook or Netflix can provide their services to their customers 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, without any crashes and downtimes? Moreover, they manage to do this while software engineering is becoming more complex every day. Many large companies adopt Kubernetes to achieve highly available applications that can dynamically scale based on the needs of the customers. However, these applications and Kubernetes itself need to be monitored in order to ensure their smooth operation and security.
During this workshop you will:
- learn what Kubernetes is, and why it has become so popular over the last few years
- understand how to prepare your infrastructure for monitoring applications via metrics
- visualize and manage information about your applications with Grafana, Prometheus, and Cortex
- set up alerting with Alertmanager
- learn how you will operate software in your future job
We are also on the lookout for helpers and helping will be worth your time. Please check out the helpertool.
Main event organiser Elias Ruff