Event start time 23.11.2023 15:00
Event end time 23.11.2023 18:00
Please be aware that this event will be held in German!
Are you wondering about the magic behind Android apps? Or are you already familiar with Android and want to better understand how apps work with millions of users?
Then sign up for the Android workshop at Ubique and take a look behind the scenes of Android apps!
Introduction to Jetpack Compose for Beginners
- Setting up the development environment for Android and Jetpack Compose
- Explanation of the individual components and the project structure
- Learning the basics of Jetpack Compose
- Using Compose to create user-friendly and dynamic UIs
- Getting to know Best Practices and practice-oriented solutions
- Demonstrating problems and solutions using real examples from the Ubique apps
This workshop aims to teach beginners the basics of Jetpack Compose and enable them to create user-friendly and dynamic user interfaces for Android apps.
Advanced Kotlin Multiplatform Development
- The idea of Kotlin Multiplatform
- Structure and functionality of a KMM project
- The Expect/Actual concept
- Problems and solutions to: shared resources, concurrency, networking, navigation, runtime permissions
- Compose for iOS
This workshop is aimed at experienced developers with prior knowledge of Android who want to immerse themselves in the world of Kotlin multiplatform development and benefit from Ubique's experience and solutions.
What to bring
Above all: motivation to learn new things! You also need your own laptop. Please install Android Studio in advance (instructions: https://developer.android.com/codelabs/android-training-hello-world) so that we can get started right away. If you don't have your own Android phone, we will lend you one during the workshop.
Main event organiser Dina Weiersmüller