The VIS Kontaktparty is the largest academic IT job fair in Switzerland and primarily addresses students and graduates from the ETH Department of Computer Science. The event takes place yearly during the Spring semester and is organized by the Kontaktparty Committee (KPK) of the VIS. The mission of the Kontaktparty is to enable students and company representatives to connect and get to know each other in a casual way.
The next Kontaktparty takes place on Wednesday, 24 February 2021 and on Thursday, 25 February 2021, both days from 12:00 to 15:00. For the first time, the event will be held online on the Platform Hopin. To join the event, you only have to visit the eventpage and follow the instructions there: https://hopin.com/events/vis-kontaktparty.
The Kontaktparty is an event for all students, both from BSc. and MSc. (or even alumni!), so do not hesitate to join the event. Students from all universities and departements are welcome, but the focus lies primarily on computer science students. Even at the very beginning of your career, you will certainly profit from joining the event -- it is never too early to start your professional network!
- Check out the Kontaktparty Fairguide to inform yourself about the participating companies. It helps you to plan your day at the fair more efficiently.
We also offer several other services which help you to get your career going
- If you are actively looking for a job or intern, make sure that your CV is good enough so that you can confidently hand it to interested company representatives. Get advices from experts at our CV-Check events (before and during the Kontaktparty).
- The ETH Career Center & Recruiting offers services to help you improve your job applications.
- The Visionen has published articles related to recruting. Check out following articles: How To KP (Visionen 1/2014), Curriculum Vitae (German, Visionen 5/2013), Stellensuche und Bewerbungsschreiben (German, Visionen 6/2013), Der letzte Meilenstein – das Vorstellungsgespräch (German, Visionen 1/2014).
- In order to provide you with an opportunity to practice your interview skills, we are offering mock interviews with selected companies. See the Side-Events page for more details!
Any more questions?
Don't hesitate to contact us by email:.